Capacitor Banks improve the power factor by adding capacitive reactance in steps as per the power factor requirement.
Power factor controller constantly monitors the load (and power factor) of the system on LV Panel and switch on/ off the capacitor steps to maintain the system power factor to the set value. It provides optimum power factor improvement to compensate for lagging Vars in the system, seen as a clean and reliable solution to providing quality power to the distribution network and to economize the electricity charge to customer/consumer.
Key features of Capacitor Banks offered by AGS
- type tested assemblies for busbars as per IEC 61439-1
- Rated upto 700kVAR
- Power factor correction by multi step design
- Standard & detuned capacitor banks
- Manufactured to Form 2 construction
- Capacitors are Self healing, pressure sensitive disconnector & fitted with discharge resistors
- Detuned reactor tuning order 2.7 (135 Hz), 3.8 (190 Hz) and 4.3 (215 Hz)
- Microprocessor based power factor controller with various switching sequences
- Special contactors for power factor correction capacitors; equipped with limiting resistance for the inrush current.
- Easy installation & maintenance.